2012-08-16

Love's a Beach

Aloha, bloghoppers! Welcome to my private beach!  

 

Why not grab a little refreshment...


Okay, I saw that! I meant one of the drinks. Sheesh. Then sit back and enjoy the scenery...


You know the beach is also the perfect place to do a little reading...

      

...and Moira Keith has a new book (Blood and Moonlight, available August 19th at Smashwords) that sounds fabulous...

Though she shares the bloodlines of both Fae and Wolf, Kiara Morrigan O'Conaill refuses to claim her place in the Fae courts or submit to the animal within. Witnessing the murder of her Fae mother two years ago drives her back into those worlds, to search for answers and revenge.

Devlin McClure lives for one thing-the Pack. When their leader, the Cadeyrn, disappears, desperation sends Devlin to the last person he should be asking for help-the Cadeyrn's estranged daughter, Kiara. 

Kiara and Devlin are drawn to each other by fate and destined to embrace the very thing that threatens to rip their worlds apart. Now, Kiara will have to decide which is stronger, blood or moonlight? 


Here's an exciting excerpt from Blood and Moonlight :

From the corner of my eye I watched Reese and Keenan walk a circle around us. The low murmur of their voices made the words difficult to make out, though I knew when they closed the circle, because the suffocating power that came with it was unmistakable. Now I was trapped in the circle with Reese and Devlin. Keenan stayed outside of the circle merely to ensure that if something went wrong, we had a link outside. 

Devlin stood just behind me. "Kiara, listen to me." 


The wolf paced inside me and the feeling of claws raked across my insides, tearing a scream from me. My arms flung out. I tried to grab onto something—anything—for support, but there was nothing but air. Devlin moved to kneel in front of me and caught my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him. His eyes were glowing, an ethereal blue, with the light blue shade mixing and swirling with a darker shade of sapphire I hadn't noticed before. His very presence demanded I take notice. That I allowed him control. No! I scraped my nails across the bare skin of his arms. 


My wolf did not want to be tamed, she wanted retribution. Anger built, driving the need to destroy something. I reached behind me and drew my mother's dagger from the sheath at my back. Odd that I'd failed to remove it and that neither of my guards called attention to it. Devlin caught my arm as it arced around to his right, but not before the blade sliced him across the chest, cutting through his shirt and where I knew the crescent moon on the lower right side of his ribcage sat. I glared at him. A rich coppery scent filled the air and I reveled in the knowledge that I'd drawn first blood. 


"Back off." I snarled. 


Without turning his attention from me, he called out to Reese. "Something is feeding the wolf's need for release." 


"She is blessed by God and Goddess and a direct descendant of Morrigan. Who decides to come to her aid when she works magic depends on their will. Kiara's control has never been strong enough for it to be any other way. Normally, when the wolf comes it is the result of the deities of war and hunt, though I'm not really sure how that will help you." 
Reese's voice reverberated off the magic holding us captive within its circle. 


"Morrigan is counted among the deities of war and hunt as well so it makes sense that Kiara, being of the same lineage, would draw their aid. This could backfire—" Devlin sucked in a breath— "but here's hoping she doesn't kill me." 


"What are you going to do?" The note of concern in Reese's voice was unmistakable. 


"Try to calm her wolf."    (excerpt continues  HERE)



My own book, Waiting for the Big One, doesn't actually take place at the beach, but it does have a very beachy cover--and an equally beachy trading card, which I'm happy to send to interested readers. 

Just email me with your name and snail mail address!
"Gabby Brown refuses to consider her best friend Derek for the role of soul mate because she fears sex will ruin their friendship. When she meets Zach, she’s convinced that he could be The One. But, Derek has ideas of his own, and they don’t include sharing Gabby with anybody."

Waiting for the Big One is also available as an audiobook. Here's an excerpt for your listening pleasure...



Enjoy the rest of your blog hop! And, remember, if you lose your way, just go to JustRomance.Me to get back on track.