2006-07-04

Now, why didn't I think of this?


In a previous post, I mentioned my upcoming series, Devil Tree Inn featuring the dysfunctional Sinclair-McKinney famliy and their attempts to run a tropical vacation resort. Well, I just came across this gem of an idea on one of my (manymanymany) Yahoo! groups. How's this for an idea:

"the 50-minute Miami Mojito massage, which was $140 and now is $112. It's a doozy: A technician first exfoliates with Florida limes and sugar, then follows up with a rubdown using oil infused with mint, lime and rum. ''You really get the overall sensation that you're drinking a mojito,'' says James Keane, spa director. ''It transports you to vacation [mode] instantly.'' (Sports Club/LA is inside the Four Seasons Hotel,
1441 Brickell Ave., Miami. 800-419-5109.)"



Wow. A full-body mojito. That's...really something to think about, isn't it? LMAO--Of course, it'll probably strip away every bit of UV protection your skin has, but ya gotta love the concept! It sounds so exactly like something one of my characters would dream up. Just to be on the safe side, however, I think I'll stick to drinking mine. Here's a quick recipe, if you feel inclined to join me.

Mojito

3 sprigs of fresh mint
1 tbsp. simple syrup
(or 2 tsp. sugar, if you just can’t wait!)
2 oz. light rum
1 1/2 limes
ice
club soda

Crush the mint in a tall glass. Add syrup or sugar, rum and the juice of one lime. Stir. Drop the remaining lime wedges into the glass, fill with ice and top off with club soda.

And if you're in the mood for a little Summer Reading to go along with that drink, check out my publisher's new Ezine:



Join SynergEbooks Monthly eZine!
Email:  

No comments: